Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Why Can't I be a Garbage Truck?

I was at my Momo’s house today. And, every Friday morning, she takes me outside to watch this amazing garbage truck. It drives by and with such ease picks up the giant containers everyone places on the curb. I see my father pour what my mother calls “trash” into these bins. To me, it looks like fun. But every time I try to go through these bins under the sink, I get scolded.

The garbage truck gets to go through as much trash as he pleases! And makes loud noises doing so! So why can’t I? Why can’t I be a garbage truck?

This is the kind of truck I want to be!
I don’t see any reason why I cannot be. This is why I practice being a garbage truck almost daily with Momo. I lift my arms up, truck around and make big loud sounds to prepare. Or, maybe, I can own a
garbage truck. I already have lots of toy trucks and I keep really good care of them. I draw on them with my crayon to let them know they’re mine every day. But I want to own a big one with my name on it! Sigh. Someday.

The driver waves to me every Friday and he owns one. So there it is. If I cannot be a garbage truck – I will own one. Or a dog.

Dogs are my favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment