Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Peanut Butt & Breakfast

Hello there. My name is Maxwell Byrum and you have found yourself on my blog. I will have reached two-years of age this December and, while my speech has processes to go, my mind is far into the
complexity of thought. I shall use this blog as my outlet for the words I cannot articulate yet.

So far, this morning is a great one. I woke up and called to mother, who is always ever so prompt in coming to get me in the morning. My bed has high walls that, today, I cannot climb, but I foresee these walls coming down in the future, with that being said, I need my mother or father’s assistance out of bed.

Breakfast was scrambled eggs and toast. I’m not sure if I like scrambled eggs today – just to be sure I threw them on the floor.

Mother has persistently been putting this slimy brown paste onto my toast, which I do not appreciate. For one, it’s sticky. Two, it smells. Three, my dog, Scout, seems to like it a little too much. Why is my mother feeding me dog food? Peanut Butt, I believe it’s called. Whatever it is ruins a perfectly good piece of toast.


After breakfast, I desperately want to read Chicka-Chicka-Boom-Boom. It is a riveting story. But before I know – I’m being whisked away to day care. I hope Owen doesn’t constantly criticize my actions as he did yesterday. He doesn’t understand how my mind works yet.

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever read All About Sam by Lois Lowry when you were a kid? It's a spinoff from the Anastasia books. This blog reminds me a lot of that book: a precocious child who thinks about his world in very pointed, specific ways, yet doesn't have the language skills to articulate them to the people in his life. Very cute and clever.

    ReplyDelete